Rights And Responsibilities
When you take part in the Healthyroads program, there are some things we will provide to you (your rights) and some things you need to do (your responsibilities).
YOUR RIGHTS (Things we will provide to you)
- News about the Healthyroads program you can use.
- The nature of your relationship in the Healthyroads program, including how you will work with your coach and the frequency of your engagement.
- Program materials that are correct and easy to read, learn, and use.
- Healthyroads program general health and wellness information supported by scientific studies.
- Healthyroads program changes or termination of the program.
Respect and Non-Discrimination
- Respectful, fair, and kind service from staff.
Health Improvement Choice
- We encourage you to talk to your doctor about the program.
- You have the right to make choices about your health improvement plan.
- You may choose someone to act on your behalf when communicating with us and tell us your choice in writing.
Personal Health Information
- We will keep your personal health information private.
- We will inform you of how we use your personal health information.
Access to Services
- Start and end the program when you want.
- Know the name of the staff person you are speaking with, his/her position and training.
Inquiries, Questions and Requests
- Contact Healthyroads at 1-877-330-2746 Monday through Friday from 5:00 am to 6:00 pm Pacific Time to:
- Ask a question.
- Speak to a supervisor if you would like.
- Make a complaint.
- File an appeal or grievance.
- Tell us what changes you would like to see in this policy.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES (Things you have to do)
- You need to:
- Call 911 if you are having a medical or mental health (psychiatric) emergency or contact your primary doctor.
- Give us true health and contact information before starting the program and when you are in the program.
- Help set healthy goals that you can reach.
- Actively work to meet your healthy goals.
- Tell us about any changes in your health.
- Tell us if anything our staff tells you when you are in the program is not the same as what your doctor told you.
- Tell your doctor or other health care provider regularly about the things you are doing in the program and ask if it is safe for you to continue in the program.